What You'll Need:
- 1 box vanilla or white cake mix along with anything that mix calls for
- About 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract (pure is best but synthetic is ok too!)
- 1-2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Pinch Nutmeg
How You Do It!
- Preheat oven to designated temperature on the box
- Grease pans. *Hint* If you are using 9 in round pans and have full size coffee filters flatten one out and spray pam over it. It makes for absolutely no stick to the pan.
- Make cake batter as directed by the box it came in.
- While whisking or mixing pour in vanilla extract. (if using white mix it should be a slight eggshell colour and if using Vanilla it shoudl be about a third of a shade darker than when you started.)
- Still mixing add in cinnamon and nutmeg slowly. Keep stirring until the batter looks like it has tiny brown dots mixed evenly throughout it, that's the cinnamon and nutmeg you see.
- Bake as instructed.
- Let cool , flip cake out onto a plate and if you used a filter (see step 2) make sure to carefully peel the paper from the bottom of the cake. It will be translucent but will peel away easily if you do it slowly.
- Frost however you chose!